(Photo: Laurent Chantegros)
I LOVE shaping surfboards and I'm kinda obsessed with this craft. Even though I am about to shape my 243th board I'm still considering myself as a novice but I hope to become a master one day... This blog is a virtual portfolio and a diary of my journey in the shaping world. Feel free to leave comments or contact me directly at valerie@meremadesurfboards.com.

Valerie Duprat
-Shaper of Mère-Made Surfboards

Thursday, February 25, 2016

board#096: shortboard for Aiden


Dimensions: 5'2 x 18 x 2 3/16
[completed in May 2015]

The story: I had shaped Aiden's first board  8 months before [click here for board#065] and he had a good feeling on it. But Aidan had grew fast since then and he needed another one.

The shape: We discussed the evolution from his previous board and I worked from there. I added more foam toward the nose (rounder) and less on the rail (more falling). As a shaper it is easier to shape board#2 for a rider as he knows what to keep and what to change. Even at a young age like Aiden.

The  artwork: Aiden asked for a white board which gives more space for the sponsors' stickers ;)








No comments:

Post a Comment