(Photo: Laurent Chantegros)
I LOVE shaping surfboards and I'm kinda obsessed with this craft. Even though I am about to shape my 243th board I'm still considering myself as a novice but I hope to become a master one day... This blog is a virtual portfolio and a diary of my journey in the shaping world. Feel free to leave comments or contact me directly at valerie@meremadesurfboards.com.

Valerie Duprat
-Shaper of Mère-Made Surfboards

Friday, October 16, 2015

board#084: shortboard for Addy

Addy "AJ" with her board
dimensions: 5'5 x 18 3/4 x 2 1/4
[completed in February 2015]

The story: Mom has a Mère-Made board (board#074), Big Brother has a Mère-made (board#065)... Naturally, Addy wanted her own too !!! Addy is this adorable girl who  loves to hang out in the waves. Wait... I made a board for a little mermaid!!

The shape: Addy was very very clear about her board: she wanted to DUCK DIVE it. and to have a POINTY NOSE. after discussing shapes for more than an hour with her and her family, she won: she will have a pointy shortboard which she could duck dived. I mixed template to give her the overall shape she wanted without losing too much paddling power and volume.

The artwork: Addy came up with green/pink colored striped. I came up with the idea of half stripes stopping at the stringer.

The testimonial ... is seeing her (and her mom!!) riding this board at my local surf spot!




the nail polish is matching the board ;)



cutest family



No comments:

Post a Comment