(Photo: Laurent Chantegros)
I LOVE shaping surfboards and I'm kinda obsessed with this craft. Even though I am about to shape my 243th board I'm still considering myself as a novice but I hope to become a master one day... This blog is a virtual portfolio and a diary of my journey in the shaping world. Feel free to leave comments or contact me directly at valerie@meremadesurfboards.com.

Valerie Duprat
-Shaper of Mère-Made Surfboards

Sunday, July 5, 2015

board#074: shortboard for Colleen

Colleen & her board

Dimensions: 5'8 x 19 x 2 3/16
[completed in December 2014]
V-epic model

The story: Colleen's son got a Mère-Made board first (see Aiden's board here). He liked it a lot and that might have decided his mom to get her own Mère-Made too! Colleen is a very good surfer from my home spot and I am very stoked she is ripping on one of my board now!

The shape: There was a lot of brainstorming with Vincent to decide what was the best options for Colleen. We decided to go  for one of my popular short board model, the V-epic. I am always up for that shape which is one of my favorite to do.

The artwork: Interestingly, the artwork was designed around the very cute pad Colleen bought for this board. We matched the color and Colleen suggested a nice curvy design that would  follow the arc of the pad. Basically, the paint job is an accessory to the pad.

The light/performance glass was done at Global Glassing, Oceanside.







The whole Sprunk Family chose Mère-Made Surfboards!



No comments:

Post a Comment