(Photo: Laurent Chantegros)
I LOVE shaping surfboards and I'm kinda obsessed with this craft. Even though I am about to shape my 243th board I'm still considering myself as a novice but I hope to become a master one day... This blog is a virtual portfolio and a diary of my journey in the shaping world. Feel free to leave comments or contact me directly at valerie@meremadesurfboards.com.

Valerie Duprat
-Shaper of Mère-Made Surfboards

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

board#072: performance shortboard for Vincent

Yep, board#072 was a Christmas gift for my husband.
Boards, that is all he wants...

Dimensions: 5'8 x 18 1/4 x 2 1/8
[Completed in December 2014]
Model Veloce

The story: one more shortboard in my husband quiver! He "needed" a step-up board for 6-8 foot hollow waves. This one goes in between his everyday board and his mini-gun.

The shape: Vincent asks for that Mere-Made shape he really enjoyed (Veloce model) with slight dimension modifications to accommodate bigger surf.

The artwork: again Vincent asked for a previous artwork he really liked. I went for a silver metallic paint this time because I go by phases and I was in my silver shade phase. The metallic spray on this   stylized bird gives this board a Bilal vibe which is one of my favorite cartoonist.

PS: I only have one picture of the finished board because my husband could not wait 15 more minutes to wax it and take it for a surf.


Montana can paint

tail before glassing

No comments:

Post a Comment