(Photo: Laurent Chantegros)
I LOVE shaping surfboards and I'm kinda obsessed with this craft. Even though I am about to shape my 243th board I'm still considering myself as a novice but I hope to become a master one day... This blog is a virtual portfolio and a diary of my journey in the shaping world. Feel free to leave comments or contact me directly at valerie@meremadesurfboards.com.

Valerie Duprat
-Shaper of Mère-Made Surfboards

Saturday, October 4, 2014

board#054: performance shortboard for Nicole


Nicole & Dad, freshly landed from Hawaii

Dimensions: 5'6 x 18 1/4 x 2 1/16
[Completed in July 2014]
Model V-epic

The story: Nicole is a talented Californian surfer girl. Fearless too: she is not  afraid to charge big waves in Maui where she trains regularly with her brother and her dad (excellent surfers too!). Nicole competed last year on her first Mere-Made Surfboard (see story here). Second board was soon due for my only female Team rider!

The shape: For her second board, I discussed with her what she should like to change/improve on her previous board. Nothing major which was a relief to hear :).  She just wanted shorter without losing the paddling ability.  I also made a deeper single to double concave for increased speed. Because I used the same template from her first board she got to name her own shape model. She picked "V-epic" because all the rides are epic on it ;))

The artwork: plain white board was Nicole's request. She had in mind to make her own design on the glass… which she did with the help of her friend!






artwork by Nicole & friend! Good job girls!









No comments:

Post a Comment