(Photo: Laurent Chantegros)
I LOVE shaping surfboards and I'm kinda obsessed with this craft. Even though I am about to shape my 243th board I'm still considering myself as a novice but I hope to become a master one day... This blog is a virtual portfolio and a diary of my journey in the shaping world. Feel free to leave comments or contact me directly at valerie@meremadesurfboards.com.

Valerie Duprat
-Shaper of Mère-Made Surfboards

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Mère-Made Surfboard gathering


like their owners,
the two Mère-Made Surfboards were happy to share some waves together
Last sunday, two colorful Mère-Made surfboards were showing off in the line-up. Indeed, my friend Michelle for who I shaped board#008 ("Mo") came down from Chino to Encinitas for her annual surf club trip. I was riding my latest board (#011). I definitely should hire her as a sales rep when I'll open a business: she was advertising my boards in the whole campsite! She is something! :) 
I was stoked to see M&M (Michelle & Mo) again. What a great satisfaction as a shaper to see my friend catching waves on a board I made for her!

Mo is always up for a ride even in very small conditions.
(sorry Michelle I did not captured your best wave)

seahorse or dragon, our surf pets are watching after us


2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the M & M reference.. how cute.. that is what our couple name is from this time forward.. because I LOVE my Mere Made surfboard, and we are a couple. ha!..Everyone comments on it, everywhere I go. My friend Tracy took a ride on Mo and was highly impressed. Also when strangers at various breaks look at Mo, they ask how long have you been shaping. When I tell them. THEY are very AMAZED. I have been told time and time again how well shaped my board is!

    You need business cards and Stickers and I bet you that I can get you so much business from the OC.

    One day I plan on having a quiver of Mere Made boards!

    As always I enjoyed our visit.. it just went by way to fast! Till next time!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aahahah, I knew you would like the M&M part :)

      Thank you times 10,000 for your kind words. I am definitely thinking about stickers... I already have business cards: I'll send some to you by mail :)

      See you soon my friend,
      V

      Delete