(Photo: Laurent Chantegros)
I LOVE shaping surfboards and I'm kinda obsessed with this craft. Even though I am about to shape my 243th board I'm still considering myself as a novice but I hope to become a master one day... This blog is a virtual portfolio and a diary of my journey in the shaping world. Feel free to leave comments or contact me directly at valerie@meremadesurfboards.com.

Valerie Duprat
-Shaper of Mère-Made Surfboards

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

The only purple shaping room in the world



Have you ever seen a purple shaping room? Mine is!
Because I got very serious into shaping (12 boards in 18 months), my husband decided to build a shaping room in our backyard. He just finished it and I LOVE it. Shaping rooms are usually blue or green but, hey, I am a FEMALE shaper so I picked a Victorian purple. He installed the proper lighting and that makes a big difference. Before I was feeling the rails, now I can actually see them too... I already tried my room for board #013. Lucky number and lucky me for having so much support from my hubby :) Thank you honey for this amazing gift. It comes right on time too: inside my shaping room is a sign-up sheet with all my orders lined-up for the next six months. Don't wait to get your name in the list :)
I can't wait to see you name on here 
I know somebody else who loves purple

Hubby built the room from A to Z
so happy

No comments:

Post a Comment