(Photo: Laurent Chantegros)
I LOVE shaping surfboards and I'm kinda obsessed with this craft. Even though I am about to shape my 243th board I'm still considering myself as a novice but I hope to become a master one day... This blog is a virtual portfolio and a diary of my journey in the shaping world. Feel free to leave comments or contact me directly at valerie@meremadesurfboards.com.

Valerie Duprat
-Shaper of Mère-Made Surfboards

Saturday, April 28, 2018

board#138: shortboard for Matthieu


Dimensions: 6'0 x 19 7/8 x 2 3/4
Completed in August 2016
Model Volute

The story: in my 2015 trip to France I shaped not one but two longboards (boards#106&107) for competitive french longboarder Matthieu. In 2016, he asked for a shortboard.

The shape: Matthieu was really interested to try my Volute model that have a very curvy fish tail. I originally shaped that model for Tamsen (Click here to see the original version). This is a board was very flat rocker too for better paddling in small to medium conditions. I shaped that board at Swop Surfboard workshop.

The artwork: ALL RED with a simple black pinline! Classy ! The glass was done by Swop Surfboards.






No comments:

Post a Comment