(Photo: Laurent Chantegros)
I LOVE shaping surfboards and I'm kinda obsessed with this craft. Even though I am about to shape my 243th board I'm still considering myself as a novice but I hope to become a master one day... This blog is a virtual portfolio and a diary of my journey in the shaping world. Feel free to leave comments or contact me directly at valerie@meremadesurfboards.com.

Valerie Duprat
-Shaper of Mère-Made Surfboards

Thursday, April 26, 2018

board#137: noserider for Simon

my first double stringer !

Dimensions: 9'2 x 22 7/8 x 3 1/8
Completed on August 2016

The story: Simon is a classic longboard from France. I shaped him a Californian noserider on the summer 2015 (click here to see board#104). This noserider is the 2016 edition with a Stewart vibe! So stoked to be shaping for excellent longboarders like Simon!

The shape: (at Swop Surfboards workshop) inspired by the Stewart Cali Noserider (Simon's request), I shaped a double stringer blank for the first time. A single stringer is already a hassle to handle but two !!! The finished board is totally worth the additional struggle though.

The artwork: as for his previous Mere-Made surfboard, Simon requested to have the glass job done by a common friend, Seb "The Chacal".  He did a resin-tint. Unfortunately I don't have pictures of the finished board :(



No comments:

Post a Comment