(Photo: Laurent Chantegros)
I LOVE shaping surfboards and I'm kinda obsessed with this craft. Even though I am about to shape my 243th board I'm still considering myself as a novice but I hope to become a master one day... This blog is a virtual portfolio and a diary of my journey in the shaping world. Feel free to leave comments or contact me directly at valerie@meremadesurfboards.com.

Valerie Duprat
-Shaper of Mère-Made Surfboards

Saturday, May 14, 2016

board#104: Noserider for Simon

Dimensions: 9'3 x 23 x 3 1/4
[completed in July 2015]

The story: Simon is a longboard passionate in the South West of France. He is also a character! He knows everyone there, surfers and shapers and that is how we connected through social media and common friends.  Simon is a competitive longboarder who is very particular about his boards. After some hesitations, he finally decided to give me a chance to shape him a noserider.

The shape: Simon wanted a “traditional Californian noserider”. He sent me the picture of a Colin Noserider he particularly liked and I worked with him from this, adapting volumes/dimensions to his preferences. The shape was done at SWOP surfboards (Canejan, France)

The artwork: Simon’s choice: Green. With a  stripe. Simple but classy.
The glass was nicely done by a common friend and talented glasser, Sebastien “The Chacal”.  I met Seb a long time ago when he and his family were living in San Diego. His wife and I expected our first child together. Lots of memories!! It was so unreal to reconnect with him after all those years.  Seb was so quick working on Simon’s board that I got to see the glassed board before I headed back to California. That was probably the fasted turn around time for a noserider!!!


The testimonial: Even though I could have remove a little more foam (according to Simon), this board is still in Simon’s actual quiver and another board is scheduled for my 2016 french trip.





Big hug!



No comments:

Post a Comment