(Photo: Laurent Chantegros)
I LOVE shaping surfboards and I'm kinda obsessed with this craft. Even though I am about to shape my 243th board I'm still considering myself as a novice but I hope to become a master one day... This blog is a virtual portfolio and a diary of my journey in the shaping world. Feel free to leave comments or contact me directly at valerie@meremadesurfboards.com.

Valerie Duprat
-Shaper of Mère-Made Surfboards

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

First podium


(Photo: WSA website)

The picture speaks for itself. A Mere-Made surfboard got on the podium of a surf contest last week-end! This makes my husband my first team rider ;) He competed at the Pismo Beach WSA contest with the custom shortboard I shaped for him (see older post: http://meremadesurfboards.blogspot.com/2011/10/board-003-ultra-light-shortboard-for.html) and placed 2nd in the Master division. Good job, Honey!

1 comment:

  1. Yes an award winning board!! Congrats to you and Your husband. Can't wait I even have a vision dream board. I printed and cut out your Mere Made logo and put it on. Because I will proudly have one soon!

    ReplyDelete