(Photo: Laurent Chantegros)
I LOVE shaping surfboards and I'm kinda obsessed with this craft. Even though I am about to shape my 243th board I'm still considering myself as a novice but I hope to become a master one day... This blog is a virtual portfolio and a diary of my journey in the shaping world. Feel free to leave comments or contact me directly at valerie@meremadesurfboards.com.

Valerie Duprat
-Shaper of Mère-Made Surfboards

Monday, October 10, 2011

board #002: mini-malibu for mama

dimensions: 6'9 x 20 3/4 x 2 3/4
[completed in july 2011]

My second shaping project was a board for myself. My favorite board is a 7'2 Wahine Mini-magic model from Walden. I love it but I wanted something a bit shorter and lighter which I could more easily manoeuver. But still, I wanted to keep some volume and the overall shape of a mini-malibu. I made myself a mini-mini-malibu! It is a thruster with FCS fin system put in by Moonlight Glassing Co.

The polka-dots design sets up a girly tone even though the board is blue.

Did I mention that this board was autographed by Linda Benson???

For more details, check out my "eat, surf, love" links below:













No comments:

Post a Comment