(Photo: Laurent Chantegros)
I LOVE shaping surfboards and I'm kinda obsessed with this craft. Even though I am about to shape my 243th board I'm still considering myself as a novice but I hope to become a master one day... This blog is a virtual portfolio and a diary of my journey in the shaping world. Feel free to leave comments or contact me directly at valerie@meremadesurfboards.com.

Valerie Duprat
-Shaper of Mère-Made Surfboards

Sunday, August 4, 2019

board#158: shortboard for Paul



Dimensions: 5'6 x 18 1/4 x 2 3/16
[Completed in February 2017]
Vedette model

The story: Paul who has been supporting my shaping frenzy almost since the beginning is now ordering a performance shortboard after having already 4 Mere-Made surfboards !
board#1: egg  #067
board#2: "The Pill" #091
board#3: shortboard #092
board#4: shortboard #122


The shape: for his 5th board, Paul asked for the every day performance shortboard based on one of my most popular shortboard template, the Vedette. 

The artwork: As usual, Paul nicely gave me full artistic freedom on his artwork (he cares about shape, not much about colors :)). I played with a complex intermingled stripe pattern with 3 colors. I had fun doing it despite the technical difficulty. The color theme was influence by my daughter at the time who just watched Nemo. We jokingly call that board the "Dory" board.






2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete