(Photo: Laurent Chantegros)
I LOVE shaping surfboards and I'm kinda obsessed with this craft. Even though I am about to shape my 243th board I'm still considering myself as a novice but I hope to become a master one day... This blog is a virtual portfolio and a diary of my journey in the shaping world. Feel free to leave comments or contact me directly at valerie@meremadesurfboards.com.

Valerie Duprat
-Shaper of Mère-Made Surfboards

Monday, January 11, 2016

board#092: shortboard for Paul





Dimensions: 6'8 x 20 1/2 x 2 5/8
[completed in April 2015]

The story: hey, wait a minute... This is Paul's third Mère-Made surfboard ! He is getting to the top 5 customers with the highest number of boards:
- first position: Vincent (of course)
- second position: Rudy
- third position: Mark
- fourth position : Paul !!!

Paul seems to enjoy his Mère-Made in his growing quiver. After an egg (board #067) and a pill (board #091), board# 092 is a short board for his Costa Rica surf trips.

The shape: The Costa Rico board would have a lean shortboard shape with a round tail and very foiled rails.

The artwork: it features an artwork Paul noticed on one of Rudy's boards.  He let me picked the colors. I picked orange and purple. what else??? :)

The testimonial: I lost it with my cell phone upgrade but I clearly remember that he said something about this board making him a better surfer... Yep! Happy happy shaper !!!






single to double concave


untaping



No comments:

Post a Comment