(Photo: Laurent Chantegros)
I LOVE shaping surfboards and I'm kinda obsessed with this craft. Even though I am about to shape my 243th board I'm still considering myself as a novice but I hope to become a master one day... This blog is a virtual portfolio and a diary of my journey in the shaping world. Feel free to leave comments or contact me directly at valerie@meremadesurfboards.com.

Valerie Duprat
-Shaper of Mère-Made Surfboards

Monday, December 21, 2015

board#091: shortboard for Paul


Best pill to get stoked

Dimensions: 6'2 x 21 1/2 x 2 7/8
[completed in April 2015]

The story: After enjoying his first Mère-Made board for few months (click here to see it), Paul was ready to get his Mère-Made #2... and #3 too !! To beat the wait from the waiting list, he asked for two boards back-to-back! Smart ;)

The shape: Paul is a board collector and with that comes the need of trying atypical shapes. For this board Paul requested my version of the Pill by Garry Hanel. This very particular shape combines a huge squash tail with a wide nose. This is the summer board, totally adapted for local breaks. The bottom was shaped with a nose belly coupled with a single concave, slighlty channeled towards the 5 fin setup. The rails were specifically foiled to respond to Paul's preference. Shaping atypical boards is always fun!

The artwork: I don't remember who came up with the idea of the pill artwork. Maybe it just happened because Paul wanted a red and blue board. This artwork was naturally meant to be.

The testimonial:... was overwhelming but  I lost it when I switched phone :(
But I personally can tell Paul likes his board just because I see him riding it very often !






2 comments:

  1. I love this board so much! It's a perfect go-to groveller for normal SD conditions for this mediocre surfer. Enough volume and tail for knee high slop, enough rocker to feel comfortable in head high surf. Way more versatile than the 'big name' grovellers in the shops.

    The only thing it really gets unhappy with is choppy conditions.

    - Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Paul! thanks for sharing your thoughts about the board! Great user description ! :)

      Delete