(Photo: Laurent Chantegros)
I LOVE shaping surfboards and I'm kinda obsessed with this craft. Even though I am about to shape my 243th board I'm still considering myself as a novice but I hope to become a master one day... This blog is a virtual portfolio and a diary of my journey in the shaping world. Feel free to leave comments or contact me directly at valerie@meremadesurfboards.com.

Valerie Duprat
-Shaper of Mère-Made Surfboards

Friday, July 27, 2018

board#142: fish for Mark



Dimensions: 5'9 x 21 1/8 x 2 7/8
[completed in November 2016]

The story: board#009, board#32, board#50 (broken), board#73 and board#108 is how many Mere-Made boards Mark owns ! Board#142 is just the 6th board I make for Mark (and not the last). I think Mark is a Mere-Made surfboard collector :)

The shape: the first board I shaped for Mark was a classic keel fish (board#009).  A couple of years later, after seeing a shape video describing a more "performance" keel fish shape, including a concave (not usual on a keel fish) and narrower swallow tail, I locked myself in the shaping room to make Mark's new board. It was also gratifying to see the improvement I made in time of execution and precisions on those two fish.

The artwork: Mark asked for a resin tint which was executed by my glasser, Dewi from Tiger glassing! The color came out a bit stronger than expected but it is really hard to match someone's color wish...  But, I truly like the "lime" vibe on that fish (and so does Mark).

Mark with killer keel fish ! :)









No comments:

Post a Comment