(Photo: Laurent Chantegros)
I LOVE shaping surfboards and I'm kinda obsessed with this craft. Even though I am about to shape my 243th board I'm still considering myself as a novice but I hope to become a master one day... This blog is a virtual portfolio and a diary of my journey in the shaping world. Feel free to leave comments or contact me directly at valerie@meremadesurfboards.com.

Valerie Duprat
-Shaper of Mère-Made Surfboards

Tuesday, July 30, 2019

board#156: shortboard for Mark




Dimensions: 5'8 x 19 5/8 x 2 3/4
[completed in February 2017]
Model Versatile_A

The story: I have been making boards for Mark for a while:
Mark's board #1: keel fish (board#009)
Mark's board #2: mini-gun (board#032)
Mark's board #3: shortboard (board#050)
Mark's board #4: shortboard (board#073)
This is Mark's board #5 !!!!

The shape: Mark is an excellent surfer who loves to experiment new shapes. He saw my husband's asymmetrical board and asked to have his own version. The asymmetry is for regular foot: shorter rail on the heel side to allow for narrower backside turns (and hit the lip faster). Rails are also rounder on backside to support the extra weight with more forgiveness. Frontside rail are pinched and longer for nice wider carves.

The artwork: keeping the spirit of the asymmetrical artwork I started on this model with a simple shifted stripe. Easy and efficient: my favorite artworks :)








No comments:

Post a Comment