(Photo: Laurent Chantegros)
I LOVE shaping surfboards and I'm kinda obsessed with this craft. Even though I am about to shape my 243th board I'm still considering myself as a novice but I hope to become a master one day... This blog is a virtual portfolio and a diary of my journey in the shaping world. Feel free to leave comments or contact me directly at valerie@meremadesurfboards.com.

Valerie Duprat
-Shaper of Mère-Made Surfboards

Saturday, July 2, 2016

board#109: egg for Mark

the only picture I have unfortunately :(
but it is a good one :)


Dimensions: 7'0 x 21 x 2 7/8
[completed in September 2015]

The story: Mark is a friend who I occasionally surf with at my home spot. But I mostly hang out with him and his lovely girlfriend at the major holiday celebrations. I probably will see them at Nick's for the 4th of July party. On July 4th 2015, Mark asked for a Mere-Made surfboard. I was very excited to be shaping for such a great surfer and honored to have my board in his collector quiver which include custom boards from very famous shapers!

The shape: Mark wanted a mid-size egg for small summer surf. He really liked a Tayama egg model and I based my outline on it. I shaped a V to flat bottom with a 2+1 fin set-up. But what I was excited the most is a round pin tail. My favorite!!!

The artwork: none! Mark wanted an ice blue resit tint which was done at Global Glassing.



No comments:

Post a Comment