(Photo: Laurent Chantegros)
I LOVE shaping surfboards and I'm kinda obsessed with this craft. Even though I am about to shape my 243th board I'm still considering myself as a novice but I hope to become a master one day... This blog is a virtual portfolio and a diary of my journey in the shaping world. Feel free to leave comments or contact me directly at valerie@meremadesurfboards.com.

Valerie Duprat
-Shaper of Mère-Made Surfboards

Sunday, March 29, 2015

board#067: egg for Paul


Paul & board#067

Dimensions: 6'10 x 21 x 2 3/4
[completed in October 2014]
Model Vintage 17

The story: Paul is a software engineer at my day job work place, Illumina. The word is starting to spread over there that I shape surfboards on the side… That is why one day I got a non-work related email in my work email box. It was Paul asking for a board meeting. Paul came very prepared to the meeting. He knew exactly the shape he wanted, the dimensions, every single detail without me having to ask. The fastest custom board order in Mère-Made history!

The shape: Paul wanted the Vintage 17 model (Astro egg inspired shape) I already shaped for Keith (board#026) and Loick (board#033). I had the template ready. I made the rails very foiled to Paul’s request.

The artwork: no artwork from me this time. Paul wanted a Garibaldi orange resin tint which was nicely done by ad at Global Glassing.


Testimonial: here the text message I received from paul : “… Here’s what I think from the board: it’s totally rad. I am selling my other boards.” But the best testimonial is that Paul just placed an order for two more Mère-Mades ;)





traditional channels on the Vintage 17 model


No comments:

Post a Comment