(Photo: Laurent Chantegros)
I LOVE shaping surfboards and I'm kinda obsessed with this craft. Even though I am about to shape my 243th board I'm still considering myself as a novice but I hope to become a master one day... This blog is a virtual portfolio and a diary of my journey in the shaping world. Feel free to leave comments or contact me directly at valerie@meremadesurfboards.com.

Valerie Duprat
-Shaper of Mère-Made Surfboards

Tuesday, December 15, 2015

board#090: shortboard for Ian

Ian, his cool car and his new Mere-Made

dimensions: 6'2 x 19 1/8 x 2 1/4
[completed in April 2015]
Model Vixen

The story: I was vacationing in Hawaii last March when I get that text from Ian saying that I need to get back asap to San Diego to shape him a new board. He had just broke his getting out of a barrel at Blacks (not bad of a way to break a board!). 

The shape: Back home, I worked with Ian to fine-tuned his new board, based on the previous version (see here). The previous one was shaped for Costa Rica. For this one, he expressed the wish for a more polyvalent board. We widened the tail and decided for more forgiving rails. The bonus is that I used a collector Clack Foam blank I had preciously kept for the proper shape. 

The artwork: The idea was to have a white board for Ian's professional activity. He is a stock photographer and plain white board is visually ideal for most of the photoshoots. Logo had to be very discret too for the same reason. Fortunately, Ian had found a very cute track pad to bring a personal touch.

Testimonial: see screenshot below.







Isn't it a cute track pad ???!!!










No comments:

Post a Comment