(Photo: Laurent Chantegros)
I LOVE shaping surfboards and I'm kinda obsessed with this craft. Even though I am about to shape my 243th board I'm still considering myself as a novice but I hope to become a master one day... This blog is a virtual portfolio and a diary of my journey in the shaping world. Feel free to leave comments or contact me directly at valerie@meremadesurfboards.com.

Valerie Duprat
-Shaper of Mère-Made Surfboards

Tuesday, January 22, 2019

board#151: funboard for Emma

Emma and her first board

Dimensions: 7'6 x 22 x 2 7/8
[completed in January 2017]
Model Vitamin Sea

The story: I met Laurent Chantegros at the Boardroom in 2015, 10 min before entering the glass shaping bay for the shaping demo. He took some amazing pictures of that session and he, since then, became The official Mere-Made Surfboard photographer ! Every shooting I am blown away by his creativity, always bringing something new and fresh (and making me look good at 45 year old !!!! That is magic right there !!!). This board is a gift to him and his family (his daughter Emma is picking up on surfing), for all the photos he let me use and the time he spends making sure Mere-Made Surfboards is never short in new photographic material. 

The shape: something simple, elegant but efficient at making sure that Emma enjoys her first surfing experience.

The artwork: in the same lines of simpleness, Emma asked for a polish on a white board. She picked that custom logo made by french artist Sebastien Arcouet. That board totally represents Emma who is a beautiful pure angel ! 



Fun time (and team work) putting the board on the car :)

As the shaper, I get to have a turn on the waves :)

No comments:

Post a Comment