(Photo: Laurent Chantegros)
I LOVE shaping surfboards and I'm kinda obsessed with this craft. Even though I am about to shape my 243th board I'm still considering myself as a novice but I hope to become a master one day... This blog is a virtual portfolio and a diary of my journey in the shaping world. Feel free to leave comments or contact me directly at valerie@meremadesurfboards.com.

Valerie Duprat
-Shaper of Mère-Made Surfboards

Tuesday, November 27, 2018

board#147: funboard for Martina

bride and grom-to-be

Dimensions: 7'2 x 21 x 2 3/4
[completed on November 2016]
Model Vida

The story: The science world is small.  My best friend Carine who is a scientist like me, advertised Mere-Made Surfboards in her lab at the Salk Institute. Then, a colleague of her (Robert) contacted me to make a custom board for his scientist future wife (Martina). The board is an engagement gift for her. They are both Irish and going back to Ireland for the wedding. Congrats to Martina and Robert !!!

The shape: we talked about something that would be an easy to paddle into the wave with enough rocker to drop into steeper waves if needed. 

The artwork: Martina decided on a simple yet very feminine artwork (despite the non-usage of girly colors :))

The glass was done by Tiger G glassing.


going for the maiden voyage at my own spot 



<3



No comments:

Post a Comment