(Photo: Laurent Chantegros)
I LOVE shaping surfboards and I'm kinda obsessed with this craft. Even though I am about to shape my 243th board I'm still considering myself as a novice but I hope to become a master one day... This blog is a virtual portfolio and a diary of my journey in the shaping world. Feel free to leave comments or contact me directly at valerie@meremadesurfboards.com.

Valerie Duprat
-Shaper of Mère-Made Surfboards

Thursday, November 8, 2018

board#143: funboard for Alyson

Alyson and her mermaid on her Mere-Made

Dimensions: 7'8 x 22 1/2 x 2 7/8
[completed in September 2016]
model Vida

The story: Alyson is a very dynamic make-up artist whose side job is to organize girls-only surfing trips to Nicaragua. She came from Atlanta to order her special board that will be part of her adventures in Nicaragua. She had a very special plan for the artwork...

The shape: Alyson needed something similar she was surfing on, with a bit more rocker to leave room for improvement, when time comes she would drop on stepper, more powerful, nicaraguan waves. 

The artwork: like me Alyson is obsessed with mermaids, and I think that is why she reached out to me. Because I would understand her artwork plan and fully embrace it. I totally loved the idea. She was going to get her leg tattooed with a beautiful original artwork from a tattoo artist. She simply wanted the same mermaid on her board. I got in touch with the artist and got s high definition file of his work which was printed on fiberglass by Boardlams. The mermaid was glassed in !





instagram post showing the parallel work between the tattoo artist and I

No comments:

Post a Comment