(Photo: Laurent Chantegros)
I LOVE shaping surfboards and I'm kinda obsessed with this craft. Even though I am about to shape my 243th board I'm still considering myself as a novice but I hope to become a master one day... This blog is a virtual portfolio and a diary of my journey in the shaping world. Feel free to leave comments or contact me directly at valerie@meremadesurfboards.com.

Valerie Duprat
-Shaper of Mère-Made Surfboards

Saturday, October 7, 2017

board#132: shortboard for Lucie



Dimensions: 6'1 x 20 1/4 x 2 1/2
[completed in May 2016]
Model Vader

The story: Lucie is family to me. I have watched her grow since pre-school where we met her parents. With a dad surfer/SUPer/windsurfer/kitesurfer/hydrofoiler (no, her dad is not Laird Hamilton :)), it was a matter of time before she started surfing. After that, it was a matter of time before she gets a Mere-Made surfboard. I was so happy to get to make her first custom surfboard!

The shape: basically my shortboard since Lucie surfed it quite a bit and loved it.

The artwork: Lucie sketched the artwork and the whole her dad and sister, Roxanne came for an afternoon of taping and painting. It was also a geometry lesson by Lucie's dad about how to make perfect ellipse.




Lucie, Roxanne and Dad untaping the ellipse



Ta-Da





No comments:

Post a Comment