(Photo: Laurent Chantegros)
I LOVE shaping surfboards and I'm kinda obsessed with this craft. Even though I am about to shape my 243th board I'm still considering myself as a novice but I hope to become a master one day... This blog is a virtual portfolio and a diary of my journey in the shaping world. Feel free to leave comments or contact me directly at valerie@meremadesurfboards.com.

Valerie Duprat
-Shaper of Mère-Made Surfboards

Thursday, May 25, 2017

board#129: shortboard for Vincent


Dimensions: 5'7 x 18 1'8 x 2 1/16
[completed in April 2016]
Model Ventura

The story: while my husband was in Nicaragua, having the time of his life with his friends, I thought it would be a good time to shape him a new board. Just in case he would not want to come back home from his surf paradise :))))

The shape: he just snapped in half a board that Axel Lorentz shaped for him when he came to California. He mentioned he really liked it. I thought I would just try to replicate it (I still had the broken pieces to figure out the shape!)

The artwork: the good think about surprise board is that I can't ask for the owner's opinion. Therefore I can just follow my own ideas, still thinking about the recipient. I went for discrete dark blue/black stripes which end-up making a V pattern... for Vincent, of course!

The testimonial: This is Vincent's go-to board when the swell is above 6 foot.













1 comment:

  1. Interesting blog and I really like your work and must appreciate for your work for the surfboard.

    Shop for a surfboard

    ReplyDelete