(Photo: Laurent Chantegros)
I LOVE shaping surfboards and I'm kinda obsessed with this craft. Even though I am about to shape my 243th board I'm still considering myself as a novice but I hope to become a master one day... This blog is a virtual portfolio and a diary of my journey in the shaping world. Feel free to leave comments or contact me directly at valerie@meremadesurfboards.com.

Valerie Duprat
-Shaper of Mère-Made Surfboards

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

V family quiver

the board I am holding is a wink to my Surfmama101 profile picture :)

 I am shaping surfboards for my son, for my husband and for myself (and for my friends!). My goal is to have exclusively Mère-Made boards in our quiver! I am almost there...

On the picture above are displayed from left to right:
- my board (6'9, board#002)
- my husband's fish (5'7, board#004)
- my husband's mini-gun (6'2, board#010)
- my husband's short board (5'10, board#007)
- my son's short board (5'2, board#001)
- my husband's 2nd short board (5'10, board#003)

In the foreground are two US Blanks I freshly cut to make two new boards, a 7'2 for me (!!!) and one more 5'10 for Vince (he is basically ruining a board within 3 month by excessive usage ;)).
I wish I had a picture with ALL the 10 boards I shaped so far. But four of them have found a new loving home. So cool to think that some Mère-Made surfboards belong to my friends' quiver...




4 comments:

  1. That's a pretty nice family quiver, but a real great quiver need some longboards !
    Hope evrything's good for you all.
    And that's not finish but you can start to check this out:

    http://saw-surfboards.fr/
    Bise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Longboards are so much work!!! But I am shaping a 7'2 right now. Thanks for the link. You are now officially a pro shaper! Congratulations and nice job on the website. It looks great.

      Delete
  2. go surfmama!!! shape them boards! so excited to see what comes out of your shaping bay next!! much love and aloha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks KK for the support !! Kind words are always appreciated :)
      PS: I am a big fan of Pho too. so yummy!!!

      Delete