(Photo: Laurent Chantegros)
I LOVE shaping surfboards and I'm kinda obsessed with this craft. Even though I am about to shape my 243th board I'm still considering myself as a novice but I hope to become a master one day... This blog is a virtual portfolio and a diary of my journey in the shaping world. Feel free to leave comments or contact me directly at valerie@meremadesurfboards.com.

Valerie Duprat
-Shaper of Mère-Made Surfboards

Wednesday, December 25, 2019

board#163: shortboard for stranger



Dimensions: 5'4 x 18 1/4 x 2 1/8
[completed in May 2017]

The story: sometimes I cut at the wrong dimension. But I can't throw away unfinished blanks. So I finished them. Like that cute little shortboard that found its owner at Encinitas Surfshop.

The shape: improvised shortboard shape to accommodate issue mentioned in the section above.

The artwork: when I have a free pass for artwork, I do my favorite thing: stripes!!



No comments:

Post a Comment