(Photo: Laurent Chantegros)
I LOVE shaping surfboards and I'm kinda obsessed with this craft. Even though I am about to shape my 243th board I'm still considering myself as a novice but I hope to become a master one day... This blog is a virtual portfolio and a diary of my journey in the shaping world. Feel free to leave comments or contact me directly at valerie@meremadesurfboards.com.

Valerie Duprat
-Shaper of Mère-Made Surfboards

Friday, April 12, 2019

board#154: funboard for Albert



Albert, his son and his board

Dimensions: (coming soon)
[completed on December 2016]

The story: Albert is a LaCrosse coach who also happens to surf when the conditions are favorable. He is also the husband of my friend Fatima, who like me is a scientist in San Diego. 

The shape: Albert asked for a shape that would accommodate for his occasional surfing without compromising too much the ability of the board to perform in more challenging conditions if necessary. We decided for an egg shape with a bit of rocker.

The artwork: per Albert's request, the artwork is based on his Lacrosse team color and logo. I used gold metallic paint for the spray. Glassing was done at Global Glassing (I think).







No comments:

Post a Comment