(Photo: Laurent Chantegros)
I LOVE shaping surfboards and I'm kinda obsessed with this craft. Even though I am about to shape my 243th board I'm still considering myself as a novice but I hope to become a master one day... This blog is a virtual portfolio and a diary of my journey in the shaping world. Feel free to leave comments or contact me directly at valerie@meremadesurfboards.com.

Valerie Duprat
-Shaper of Mère-Made Surfboards

Sunday, February 3, 2019

board#152: funboard for Jeanne




Dimensions: 7'4 x 21 1/4 x 2 3/4
[completed in November 2016]

The story: the way I met Jeanne is very interesting: I saw her walking down the path of my favorite break with my ex... I mean my ex-board :) That Walden was very dear to me. One of my favorite board ever and I recognized it right away. Turned out that Jeanne is a local from my own break and that is how we became friends. 

The shape: Jeanne was ready to transition from her (my) Magic Walden to a shorter shape. We decided for a funboard shape that would allow her to comfortably drop in in steeper waves (a bit more rocker). The goal was also to have a board she could try some maneuvers with. I added a diamond tail and some channels to make it fast !

The artwork: Jeanne was not very decided on any artwork, except for the part of something "feminine". I had a beautiful Boardlams printed fiberglass with flowers left from a previous project (the artwork was designed for Maylane's board by her grand-father, see board #125). My glasser, Dewi at Tigerglassing did a wonderful job integrating the printer fiberglass to the purple paint job I had done in preparation.









No comments:

Post a Comment