(Photo: Laurent Chantegros)
I LOVE shaping surfboards and I'm kinda obsessed with this craft. Even though I am about to shape my 243th board I'm still considering myself as a novice but I hope to become a master one day... This blog is a virtual portfolio and a diary of my journey in the shaping world. Feel free to leave comments or contact me directly at valerie@meremadesurfboards.com.

Valerie Duprat
-Shaper of Mère-Made Surfboards

Saturday, November 10, 2018

board#144: shortboard for Nicolas

Nicolas and his shortboard

Dimensions: 6'6 x 21 x 2 9/16
[completed on November 2016]

The story: Nicolas is a long time friend who is french and who surfs. Therefore 3 good reasons to get his Mere-Made surfboard! Connie, his adorable wife, contacted me to organize a "surprise" for a christmas gift. But like any "surprise" board, it is essential to get in touch with the rider in order to make sure to get the right dimensions. It was ready for Christmas though!

The shape: Nicolas is a Swamis aficionado who usually rides a longboard or a voluminous fish. This board was to complete his quiver with shortboard for bigger wave size. Less volume, more rocker! (Still kept some roundness in the rails)

The artwork: Nicolas brought me a beer.... on that bottle there was a pine tree forest that he wanted on his board (he is an outdoor adventurer and a beer lover). I changed up the color a bit and also design the artwork around the pad I would put there (on shortboard, I always make sure there is a place for the pad which will not spoil the artwork). One of my favorite artwork ever !!!







No comments:

Post a Comment