(Photo: Laurent Chantegros)
I LOVE shaping surfboards and I'm kinda obsessed with this craft. Even though I am about to shape my 243th board I'm still considering myself as a novice but I hope to become a master one day... This blog is a virtual portfolio and a diary of my journey in the shaping world. Feel free to leave comments or contact me directly at valerie@meremadesurfboards.com.

Valerie Duprat
-Shaper of Mère-Made Surfboards

Sunday, August 4, 2019

board#159: egg for Jeff


Dimensions: 5'9 x 22 1/4 x 3 1/4
[completed in March 2017]

The story: Jeff has been surfing with my husbands for ages. He has seen many of different Mere-Made boards under his feet... until he finally asked me for one :) I am always stoked to see that my shapes are good enough to convince excellent surfers to get one for themselves !

The shape: Jeff is a big guy who loves charging stormy Swamis. He wanted an eggy shape to get into the heavy surf without compromising the maneuverability. We roamed some surf shops to look for the shape and he left an old board he really liked for me to get inspired. The requirements were round tails with a vee and plenty of volume on the nose. Definitely an usual shape which I really enjoyed making.

The artwork: I was free of creating something that would illustrate Jeff's charging skills. I went for a irradiating red stripes on a black/grey fading. Glassing was done by Tiger Glassing.







1 comment: