(Photo: Laurent Chantegros)
I LOVE shaping surfboards and I'm kinda obsessed with this craft. Even though I am about to shape my 243th board I'm still considering myself as a novice but I hope to become a master one day... This blog is a virtual portfolio and a diary of my journey in the shaping world. Feel free to leave comments or contact me directly at valerie@meremadesurfboards.com.

Valerie Duprat
-Shaper of Mère-Made Surfboards

Friday, January 1, 2016

New Year statistics (2015)

Time to look back at 2015 Mère-Made year in numbers.


1) Production stabilized. According to the trend, I was not able to increase the Mère-Made production from last year numbers. In 2015,  I made 40 boards which is one board completed every 10 days. On top of my full-time job, family and surfing. I think I can get a good pat in the back for that ;)



2) Rider gender is still mainly dominated by testosterone but this might be biased by the distribution of male surfers vs female surfers


3) Mère-Made surfboards speciality is... shortboards! (more than half of the production)


4) Vincent (my husband and team rider) has been more reasonable this year and he only got 2 new boards. This gave me more time to shape new boards for my own quiver (3 new boards for me! Yeah!)

5) Finally I am very pleased to see that 1/3 of the boards were requested from returning customers! That is a very good metric to measure customer satisfaction !!!

Looking forward another great year,

Thank you to all my dear customers!

Happy new year,
Valerie

No comments:

Post a Comment