(Photo: Laurent Chantegros)
I LOVE shaping surfboards and I'm kinda obsessed with this craft. Even though I am about to shape my 243th board I'm still considering myself as a novice but I hope to become a master one day... This blog is a virtual portfolio and a diary of my journey in the shaping world. Feel free to leave comments or contact me directly at valerie@meremadesurfboards.com.

Valerie Duprat
-Shaper of Mère-Made Surfboards

Friday, December 21, 2012

Busy as an elf before Christmas


The mermaid on my logo got accessorized for Chritsmas: I had fun designing this Mrs Claus version for a Mère-Made gift certificate I created for  "X" who wants to surprise "Y" with a custom board as a stocking item (I can't tell much in case "Y" reads this blog).
I have to say that I have been really busy lately, trying to juggle with a full-time job, family duties and shaping surfboards. I still have a waiting list for new orders but fortunately my "customers" are very patient. So, yes, I am a bit exhausted but happy to get so much positive feed-back and more orders coming in.
I am starting to work on board#019. As I started my first shape in january 2011, I guess my productivity has been a little bit more than 1 board every two months. Not bad achievement for a working mom! I am going to give myself a pat in the back and wish you all a happy holiday!





No comments:

Post a Comment